Why Work With Us
Buying a home is so much more than just finding the right house. There’s getting the mortgage, negotiating with the Seller, working through all the tests and inspections, ordering the title work, conducting the settlement, understanding all the paperwork, and most importantly protecting yourself from needless liability, worry, and financial exposure. You need the guidance of a trained professional to guide you through the entire process.
That’s where our trained sales professionals come in. Our Accredited Buyers Agents are highly trained negotiators who have the experience to make recommendations and offer advice during every phase of the transaction. They won’t help you just buy a house. They’ll help you select the home that’s right for you and make sure that you enjoy a stress-free, pleasantly memorable experience.
We’re here to help save you time and money. All you have to do is ask.
The Home Finding Process
The following questions will help identify how finding and buying a home can be an enjoyable experience for you.
1. What is your time frame?
2. Who will be included in the home finding and buying decisions?
3. Thinking of previous homefinding experiences, what were the most positive features of those experiences?
4. Were there any unpleasant features of your previous homefinding experiences that you hope to avoid this time?
Defining Your Ideal Home
The property you buy will be much more than a house; it will be your home. The following questions will help you find your ideal home:
- How many people will be living in your household?
- What would you consider a comfortable commute?
- What are the most important activities for the members of your household?
- What is something you disliked about the house or area where you lived previously?
- What are one or more features you liked most about homes you’ve lived in previously?
- What are the most “must have” features of your ideal home and neighborhood?
How to Look at Homes
Discovering the right home should be an exciting event. We are committed to making your home search as stress-free as possible.
- Identifying up-front what is affordable
- I will select only those properties that most closely meet your unique needs and interests
- We will schedule time to look at homes and neighborhoods
- If the seller or their real estate professional is at the property when we are there, it would be best for you to limit your conversation with them
- You can use the Homefinding Worksheets I give you to evaluate each property
- To help me find the right home for you, I will ask you to tell me your thoughts about each property you see – the positives and negatives
- We will continue to assess your needs and buying criteria
Submitting An Offer
Once you have found the right property, the next step is to make the offer to the seller.
- Determine the price you want to offer
- Decide on financing
- Decide on other issues that are important to you such as:
- I will present your offer and negotiate with the seller through their sales professional for your best interests
- Once you have reached an agreement with the seller, you will have a firm contract to purchase the home
Important Ways to Protect Your Interests
There are several ways to help support a trouble-free home purchase:
- A written property disclosure statement from the seller will reveal any problems with the house and the surrounding area that you need to know about
- Professional inspections can reveal structural, roof, termite and other problems with the property that the seller will need to remedy
- A home service plan can give you peace of mind by providing repair-or-replace coverage of major home operating systems and appliances
- A preliminary title report informs you of any problems with the property’s title and a policy of title insurance protects your rights to the property
- A walk-through before closing will allow you to make sure all required work has been taken care of and that the property is ready to become yours
Completing Your Home Purchase
It can take 15-90 days to complete all the steps involved in a home sale, depending on the complexity of the transactions. We will work closely with everyone involved in the transaction to help ensure that it moves ahead as smoothly as possible.
- Explain to you in detail all the steps that will occur and answer your questions
- Work with the seller’s broker to see that they fulfill their responsibilities under the contract
- Stay in touch with the settlement officer, title officer, lender and others to help coordinate their activities and to help keep the transaction moving forward
- Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as worry-free as possible